Handwritten Inspiring Letters
10 letters = 1 service hour
A thoughtful activity to show a stranger that you are rooting for them!
- Handwritten positive, inspiring letters, starting with "Dear friend," "Hi there," "Hi friend," etc.
- Long letters that include “on behalf of Sonia and Kits to Heart”
- Letters using the language in the samples below. You may repeat letters/artwork
- Use of cardstock paper and greeting card-sized paper. Store-bought cards with your own letters and artwork inside are welcome, though please be sure to write letters, not only a quote or two!
- Unsealed and blank envelopes are welcome but not required
We Do Not Accept
- Messages encouraging "quick" recovery or "get well soon," due to the nature of some cancers
- Cards with calendar dates or references to specific holidays; exceptions only made upon request
- Ongoing correspondence to only one patient
- Letters written in pencil or bright highlighters (difficult to read)
- Writing that someone you know passed away from cancer—stay optimistic!
- Letters on notebook/lined paper, printer paper, or index cards
- Photocopies or printed letters
- Letters with spiritual or religious references
Each (1) letter made with the following styles = 1 service hour!
Samples (zoom in to view in detail; view more samples here—log out of your school/work account if having access issues!)
How to Submit
Please follow these steps to ensure your work is received!