1 pillow = 1 service hour
Heart pillows are ideal for those who received surgical procedures near the underarm, and can act as a protective barrier between sensitive areas and the car seatbelt. Volunteers may choose to make sewn or crocheted heart-shaped pillows to show patients that we care! NOTE: We can no longer accept no-sew pillows from volunteers who start after August 26, 2022. Pillows must be sewn to receive service hours.
Feel free to Google to find other patterns! We welcome any colors and patterns and recommend a size of 9 x 9 inches, using cotton fabric for sewn pillows. For the safety of our recipients, please use new and unused materials. Please do not superglue pillows. Pillows must be sewn following the tutorials below, without stuffing coming out.
For students seeking service hours: Photos prior to submissions are HIGHLY recommended to ensure quality work. Please email email@example.com with your photos.
- Two pieces of fabric per pillow. Animal patterns (e.g., dogs, cats) and male-specific patterns are always welcome!
- Poly-fil stuffing (stuffing can be purchased at retail store locations and online, including Amazon)
- Scissors (fabric scissors are recommended)
- Pen or marker
- White paper to make a template
- Heart Pillow Pattern for Breast Cancer Patients
- How to Sew a Heart-Shaped Pillow (YouTube)
- Heart Pillows for Breast Cancer
- Crochet a Heart Pillow
How to Submit
Please follow these steps to ensure your work is received!