1 embroidery thread bracelet = 1 service hour
LIMIT 30 BRACELETS PER SUBMISSION PER MONTH
Show off your bracelet-making skills, while letting recipients know that you are rooting for them! Please use embroidery thread/floss in colors of your choice. Step-by-step tutorials and videos are available for various patterns at Bracelet Book and FriendshipBracelets.net, which notes:
"Originally, these colorful bands were invented by native people in Central and South America. According to tradition, you tie a bracelet onto the wrist of a friend who may wish for something at that moment. The bracelet should be worn until it is totally worn-out and falls off by itself, at which moment the wish is supposed to come true."
- Embroidery thread bracelets must be at least 7 inches total in length to be considered for service hours.
- Complex, colorful patterns, including popular patterns such as chevron, spiral, Chinese ladder, zig zag, etc. (see YouTube tutorials below).
- Bracelets with adjustable loops.
- Rainbow loom bracelets are accepted though not preferred. Two rainbow loom bracelets may be rewarded 1 hour of service.
- Embroidered alpha bracelets or keychains, using the guide below, may be considered for up to 2 service hours. These may include cancer ribbons and encouraging words like “hope” and “love.” This does NOT include beads with letters on them.
We Do Not Accept
- Beaded bracelets
- Simple braided bracelets that are similar to easy hair braids
- Chevron Tutorial
- DIY Friendship Bracelets
- 6 Ways to Start and End Your Friendship Bracelets
- Advanced Tutorials
- Adjustable Bracelet Tutorial
- How to Make Your Bracelets Adjustable
How to Submit
Please follow these steps to ensure your work is received!