1 small/medium bag = 1 service hour
1 large bag = 2 service hours
Help make tote bags that patients can bring to their appointments or to shop for groceries. Feel free to use patterns that you are comfortable with and would find suitable.
- Larger bags: suggested minimum of 12 inches x 13 inches (length x height)
- Crochet pattern ideas
- Drawstring or gift bags
Step-by-Step Crochet Tutorial for Absolute Beginners
- Materials: “Chunky” or thick yarn is recommended (thinner just takes longer though no strong preference!); crochet hook
Start with this video: youtu.be/aAxGTnVNJiE
The pattern starts off with two rows of crochet in the round to make the bottom, and the rest is made using a single crochet stitch.
How to make the bottom: youtu.be/QFHexyNR1dY
She shows you how to make a large flat circle, but you may stop at about 4:15 in the video and use that circle size.
- How to make the sides: youtu.be/qlf-ceRhS5c
- How to tie it off: youtu.be/rnyVOsAuEYo
- How to make the drawstring: youtu.be/ZMSwtz29yF8
How to Submit
Please follow these steps to ensure your work is received!